Latest Forum Posts
- Re:Billabong Pro Tahiti 2014
Surf News 20-08-14 07:25
- Re:Vans Pro and Vans Pro Junior...
Surf News 20-08-14 07:19
- Re:2014 OAKLEY SURF SHOP CHALLE...
Surf News 20-08-14 07:16
- Re:SWATCH GIRLS PRO FRANCE 2014
Surf News 19-08-14 07:28
- Re:Situation Room: Women's QS S...
Surf News 18-08-14 07:30
- Re:Rip Curl Cup Padang Padang 2014
Surf News 17-08-14 10:07
- Re:Soöruz Lacanau Pro & Pro Ju...
Surf News 17-08-14 10:00
- Re:~Peter Mel's Big Wave World ...
Surf News 16-08-14 12:02
- Re:No sponsor yet for 2015 Surf...
Surf News 16-08-14 11:57
- Re:SUP Magazine Presents Camp SUP
Surf News 16-08-14 11:49
Who is Online?216 Guests
|Aussie surfers claim main event wildcards|
|Friday, 20 January 2012 12:54|
Three Australians, Wade Carmichael (Avoca, NSW), Eli Steele (Caloundra, Qld) and Tim MacDonald (Stradbroke Island, Qld) have trumped an international field of 16 surfers vying for the final three wildcard spots into the main event of the world’s most prestigious junior tournament, the Billabong World Junior Championships, Gold Coast.
VonZipper Trials finalists. Left to Right: 1st Wade Carmichael, 4th Kelly Norris, 2nd Eli Steele, 3rd Tim MacDonald. Credit: Dunbar/ASP.
To earn their spots the surfers progressed through three rounds in the VonZipper Trials, held in glassy, very contestable one-metre waves at iconic Burleigh Heads. They eliminated surfers from Peru, Tahiti, New Zealand, Japan and Brazil.
1st Wade Carmichael (Avoca, NSW) 14.75pts
2nd Eli Steele (Caloundra, Qld) 12.60pts
3rd Tim MacDonald (Stradbroke Island, Qld) 12.10pts
4th Kelly Norris (Coolum, Qld) 7.00pts