Latest Forum Posts
- Billabong Pipe Masters 2013
Surf News 05-12-13 13:20
- Re:QUIKSILVER IN MEMORY OF EDDI...
Surf News 05-12-13 07:38
- Re:VANS WORLD CUP OF SURFING 2013
Surf News 02-12-13 07:58
- Re:Riyue Bay ASP World Longboar...
Surf News 29-11-13 07:40
- Re:HAWAII SEED NAMED 2013 SURFE...
Surf News 28-11-13 07:30
- Piping Hot Thrilled To Open 201...
Surf News 27-11-13 09:53
- Re:REEF HAWAIIAN PRO 2013
Surf News 25-11-13 07:55
- Interview with Alessa Quizon
Surf News 23-11-13 11:13
- Re:The Festival de Surf 2013 Go...
Surf News 22-11-13 12:00
- Re:Swatch Girls Pro China 2013
Surf News 22-11-13 07:36
Who is Online?376 Guests
|Aussie surfers claim main event wildcards|
|Friday, 20 January 2012 12:54|
Three Australians, Wade Carmichael (Avoca, NSW), Eli Steele (Caloundra, Qld) and Tim MacDonald (Stradbroke Island, Qld) have trumped an international field of 16 surfers vying for the final three wildcard spots into the main event of the world’s most prestigious junior tournament, the Billabong World Junior Championships, Gold Coast.
VonZipper Trials finalists. Left to Right: 1st Wade Carmichael, 4th Kelly Norris, 2nd Eli Steele, 3rd Tim MacDonald. Credit: Dunbar/ASP.
To earn their spots the surfers progressed through three rounds in the VonZipper Trials, held in glassy, very contestable one-metre waves at iconic Burleigh Heads. They eliminated surfers from Peru, Tahiti, New Zealand, Japan and Brazil.
1st Wade Carmichael (Avoca, NSW) 14.75pts
2nd Eli Steele (Caloundra, Qld) 12.60pts
3rd Tim MacDonald (Stradbroke Island, Qld) 12.10pts
4th Kelly Norris (Coolum, Qld) 7.00pts