Latest Forum Posts
- Re:Magic Board: DHD 5'11" x 18....
Surf News 23-04-14 14:30
- Re:Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach 2014
Surf News 23-04-14 09:34
- Re:. Diah Rahayu renews her con...
Surf News 22-04-14 07:21
- ISA ANNOUNCES LATVIA AS ITS 83r...
Surf News 21-04-14 19:42
- ASP Announces U.S. Partnership ...
Surf News 21-04-14 19:39
- Re:Rip Curl Pro Stamina 2014
Surf News 21-04-14 11:50
- Re:_Drug Aware Margaret River P...
Surf News 19-04-14 13:20
- Re:2014 OAKLEY SURF SHOP CHALLE...
Surf News 17-04-14 15:23
- Re:Tahiti Nui Pro Junior 2014
Surf News 17-04-14 15:20
- Re:Magic Board: Pyzel Firewire ...
Surf News 17-04-14 07:59
Who is Online?448 Guests
|Aussie surfers claim main event wildcards|
|Friday, 20 January 2012 12:54|
Three Australians, Wade Carmichael (Avoca, NSW), Eli Steele (Caloundra, Qld) and Tim MacDonald (Stradbroke Island, Qld) have trumped an international field of 16 surfers vying for the final three wildcard spots into the main event of the world’s most prestigious junior tournament, the Billabong World Junior Championships, Gold Coast.
VonZipper Trials finalists. Left to Right: 1st Wade Carmichael, 4th Kelly Norris, 2nd Eli Steele, 3rd Tim MacDonald. Credit: Dunbar/ASP.
To earn their spots the surfers progressed through three rounds in the VonZipper Trials, held in glassy, very contestable one-metre waves at iconic Burleigh Heads. They eliminated surfers from Peru, Tahiti, New Zealand, Japan and Brazil.
1st Wade Carmichael (Avoca, NSW) 14.75pts
2nd Eli Steele (Caloundra, Qld) 12.60pts
3rd Tim MacDonald (Stradbroke Island, Qld) 12.10pts
4th Kelly Norris (Coolum, Qld) 7.00pts